Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Church....Our Church...The Church of Eleven22

Some of you know my church journey started since I was born as I was lucky to be raised in a Christian home with Christian parents and Christian values.  I was active in church my entire childhood and attended youth group through middle school and high school and went on many mission trips during that time frame. 

Since becoming an adult (which I don't truly claim on any specific day) I have had a few experiences here and there volunteering around the town where I lived or raising money for cancer awareness or Big Brothers Big Sisters but I truly was not fully fulfilled the way I knew I could be. I felt there was something more, something that was going to potentially wreck my world in the most positive way possible. Something that was Christian based and driven versus awareness driven. 

I started attending the Church of Eleven22 pretty quickly after moving to Jacksonville. It originally started as a service at Beach United Methodist Church in Jax Beach, FL.  Though I don't live close to the beach when I went to this service I knew I had found my home.  Over the first 2 years I was not consistent in attending every week but since May of 2012 I have missed only maybe five services and when I miss I can't wait until they post the videos online so I can get the message before the following week. 

*****interested in seeing what I always talk about?  www.coe22.com and click on Sermon Series on the right to see the various sermon videos. I highly recommend the "Dating" one if you are single and I promise it will make you laugh!*****

I call the Church of Eleven22 my home but I can honestly say it is a church for ALL PEOPLE, regardless of what your beliefs, where you are at in life, or how bad you think you have been.  It is accepting of all people and helps to teach biblical principles that apply directly to your life that day!   God is doing amazing things through this church and through Joby Martin and the entire church staff.  For the first time in my life I have a relationship with Jesus Christ versus just saying I was raised a Christian and therefore am a Christian.  Ultimately that is what Christianity is about... not religion but a relationship between myself and Jesus Christ. 

Final thought.... originally the first service of The Church of Eleven22 was at literally 11:22.  It was to make it a time that people would remember.  But of course people assumed it was for a scripture so ultimately they decided yes, it was associated with a scripture.  Mark 11:22  "And Jesus answered, have faith in God"
.....Well that is exactly what I am doing having faith in God with my life.... and with going on this trip!  More to come on faith in future blogs!

To learn a little more look here:  http://coe22.com/what-does-eleven22-mean/
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment