Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Donations begin--January 2013 and still coming!

So as my deposit and application are accepted with the church and for the trip tne next step is raising money.  The cost was going to be a little under $2000. This would cover flights, food, lodging, and help with supplies for the projects we will be completing.

One of our Pastors, Ryan Stone, mentioned in the information meeting that the reason we send out letters/emails requesting donations from others is to give others an opportunity to participate in something they, themselves would never be able to do for various reasons.  I thought about this for awhile and prayed about it as I was thinking I will just cover my own cost and maybe get my super close friends/family to donate if they want to and that is it.  But I was really feeling that as we all get older it is so easy to not have the time to volunteer locally let alone in another country.  I realized there may be people that want to help and feel drawn to help so why not. 

So many emails and a few Facebook posts later..... I raised over $1650 dollars from my friends and family.  And often times their donation was given without ever letting me know or with an email that actually told me thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this amazing thing you are doing.  CORRECTION.... what GOD is doing!   I was blown away and am still blown away while others are still helping me out by giving money to help with additional supplies we need to take with us on the trip.

You never know what people are passionate about unless you ask.  You never know what interests them how they may want to help unless sometimes just given the opportunity.  I used to always say that people typically will volunteer to help around the community but only if it is easy to them. Meaning their job allows them a paid day off and gives them specific activities that they can assist with or it is something a friend or family member is also doing or leading and needs help.  So many people want to help; financially, through prayer, or through their own physical efforts... but sometimes we just have to ask. 

So for all of you that have donated money to this specific mission trip in any way... THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, from my mission team, from Pastor Wayne in Jamaica, and from the people in Jamaica themselves.  God bless you all!  (Side note if you want to hear Pastor Wayne, who we are partnering with in Jamaica preach, here is a link to the sermon he just gave at my church..... "Arise, Quickly!"   He will have you smiling from head to toe!
http://coe22.com/church-people-wk-3/


If interested in donating financially please do so here: 
https://coe22.ccbchurch.com/w_form_response.php?form_id=60
If interested in helping out with construction or medical supplies please email me directly at llbuckeye@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment